Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 15/4
- Tynewydd won the Dockers Cup upsetting BV 2-1 at Jenner Park. Coming in as underdogs they used all of their experience to come back from a goal down to lift the trophy and deny BV their double dream. Elliot Jackson put BV in front in the second half but Ollie Cooke soon equalised before Lewis Slack scored what would be the winner. Congratulations to Tynewydd and commiserations to BV.
- In the Premier Division second place Island Marine got back to winning ways in dramatic fashion over Penarth Town. Paul Beedell put Penarth into the lead but Madison Armstrong levelled for Marine. With the game heading to a draw a late twist occurred as Island Marine got a penalty five minutes from time which keeper Brad Walters converted to give Marine the win.
- Third place AFC Rhoose bounced back from a midweek 4-0 defeat to champions Holton Road to secure a 2-0 win over St Athan. Morgan Spickett and Sean Nash scoring the decisive goals that inflict a first defeat on St Athan in five league games.
- Barry Athletic made it six unbeaten with a 3-0 victory over Vale United in Corntown. Goals from Corey Fowler, Theo Savva and Alfie Tipples gave Athletic the three points that send them into fourth place.
- In the Championship, Holton Road Reserves made it six unbeaten and five straight wins when they saw off Island Marine Reserves 6-2. Mitch Thomas hit a hat trick as Holton sit in second place four points ahead of Vale Athletic although Holton have played three games more.
- Rhoose Social went sixth with a 5-0 hammering of St Athan Reserves, Chris Morgan hitting a brace as Social made it three games unbeaten.
- Peterston Super Ely made it three straight wins as they edged out Barry Athletic Reserves 4-3, Henry Adams hitting a hattrick in this impressive win.
- On Sunday we see Holton Road and Island Marine compete for the Supporters Cup at Jenner Park, 1pm kick off.