Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 23/9
- We have a new VoGAFL Premier Division league leaders as Cardiff Airport romped to a 6-1 win over Vale Athletic at Bryn Y Don. Airport came from behind after Athletic took an early lead but Airport pulled level and then ran away with it in the second half, Iestyn Raven swooping in for a hat trick. Airport took advantage of St Athan not being in action to go top albeit having played two games more.
- Barry Athletic broke their run of three successive draws as they saw off Vale United 3-0 on the Athletic Ground homecoming. Alfie Tipples, Tyler Lavery and Joe Tanner with the goals, as Callum Hobbs starred as man of the match.
- Island Marine recorded back to back league wins to go fourth with a 2-0 win against AFC Rhoose at Ceri Road. Jack Blackmore with the brace to take all three points as Rhoose now go five games without a win.
- In the Championship, the big match between title contenders Tynewydd and Cogan Coronation ended all square 1-1, Gareth Griffiths equaliser for Tynny cancelling out Cogan’s Mohamed Osman’s opener. The result keeps Tynewydd top and Cogan in third.
- Vale Madrid fought back from 2-4 down to score late on to rescue a point against St Athan Reserves in a 4-4 thriller. Josh Cummings the hero as he scored twice at the death to complete his hat trick, the draw keeps Madrid fourth.
- Mitchell Thomas inspired Cwm Talwg to a 5-2 victory over Rhoose Social with a double to send Talwg fifth.
- Cardiff Airport Vets skipper Karl Steel was the main man as he scored twice and tees up another in a 5-3 triumph over Island Marine Reserves.
- Barry Athletic Reserves secured their second win of the campaign in a hard fought contest against St Athan Thirds, Lewis Avaient the star as Athletic came from behind to win 5-3.
- Porthkerry Panthers picked up their first win of the campaign with a 4-1 win over AFC Rhoose Development, Jake Such and Matt Nation with two apiece to get the much needed points.