Holton Road 4-4 FC Barry
(FC Barry win 9-8 on pens)
- FC Barry lifted the historic ASRS Cup this past Saturday winning on penalties after an entertaining 4-4 draw with Holton Road.
- The ASRS Cup is steeped in history and has recently been restored to its charity cup roots by serving as the curtain raiser for the vale football season, with gate receipts going to a local charity, this season Ty Hafan are the beneficiaries.
- Formerly BV FC who merged with FC Barry over the summer to create FC Barry & Wenvoe, after winning the championship division last season.
- Holton Road had an all conquering season winning the treble while also gaining promotion to the SWFA Alliance league Division One, tier 6 of welsh football.
- Both teams were unbeaten in their divisions last season so this was bound to be a cracker but it certainly exceeded expectations.
- FC Barry found themselves 4-1 up with half an hour to go, however, Holton Road fought back to 4-4 with an equaliser five minutes from time. The game went to a gruelling penalty shoot out which FC Barry edged 9-8 and were presented the trophy by the mayor of Barry Ian Johnson, their very first ASRS cup.