Supporters Cup Final Preview
- Sunday 23rd April is The Supporters Cup Final between Holton Road and Island Marine. (1pm kick off).
- The Barry Town Supporters Cup (to give it its full name) was first won in 1935, with Abercrete defeating Barry Town A 1-0. The first final at Jenner Park was in 1947 as Cadoxton Albion defeated Llanharry Stars.
- Cwm Talwg are the current holders after beating Vale Madrid 4-2 last season, marking the last season it was the cup competition of the second tier of the VoGAFL, this season being the Premier Division cup competition.
- Holton Road have already claimed the Premier Division title, currently unbeaten, while Island Marine continue to be one of the most consistent sides in recent years and sit in second spot.
- Holton Road have seen off AFC Rhoose and holders Cwm Talwg to make the final scoring 10 goals and conceding just 2 along the way, with Shaun Jachontow top scoring for them with 3.
- Island Marine’s route to Jenner saw them defeat Penarth Town, Cogan Coronation and Sully Sports notching 11 goals and conceding just 2, Adam Owens top scoring with 3 as well.
- In this seasons head to head Holton Road have won all three meetings, 2-0 and 4-0 in the league and 2-1 in the Barry Cup.
- This final should be another great game, look for an enthralling contest!!