Vale of Glamorgan Football League Mid Week Round Up 5/4
- The perfect run is over, as Holton Road drop league points for the first time this campaign as Barry Athletic hold the league leaders 2-2. Ollie Tipples put Athletic in front before Tyrell Williams levelled for the leaders, Tipples then restored the Athletic lead with a penalty but Ben Pearce hit the equaliser for Holton Road. The hard earned point sees Holton Road sit 13 points ahead of Island Marine albeit having played two games more and still undefeated after 16 games.
- Sully Sports came from behind to secure an important victory over AFC Rhoose at Ceri Road. Josh Bryan put Rhoose in front before Kieran Ashton levelled for Sully from the spot, Ed Norton then put Sully ahead before Scott McCarthy sealed the points to give Sully their first league win in four games. Sully sit fifth, two points off Rhoose in third.
- Penarth Town finally got back in action after a lengthy break enforced by the weather, and were back in style with a 5-2 win over Cogan Coronation. Tom Bellingham starred with two goals and an assist, as Penarth stay fourth and close the gap on third place Rhoose to two points.
- In the Championship, BV gained revenge over Vale Athletic for being the only side to take points off them earlier in the season with a 6-1 demolition at Station Road. Cory James, Tyler Jenkinson, Elliot Jackson, Mat James, Louis Angove and Taylor Miller all scoring as BV now sit 14 points clear at the top of the league and have the title within reach. A major blow to Vale Athletic’s promotion hopes, but they sit in third and one point behind Holton Road Reserves with two games in hand.
- However, Tynewydd moved into fourth place level on points with Athletic with a game a in hand after a 7-3 win over St Athan Thirds, Nathan Donnelly hitting four goals, as Tynny turned on the style.