Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 11/3
- It’s was a wet and wild throwback of a weekend of Vale football in heavy conditions.
- It was the Divisional Cup semi finals, in the Supporters Cup Premier Division leaders Holton Road brushed aside Cwm Talwg 8-1, Shaun Jachontow, who missed the first half the season with injury, hitting a hat trick. In the final Holton Road will meet Island Marine who hit Sully Sports for four without reply in a 4-0 triumph, Josh Davies scoring two and setting up another to send Island Marine to Jenner Park.
- In the Dockers Cup, Championship league leaders BV FC booked their final place as they emphatically and clinically defeated Vale Madrid 10-0, Tyler Jenkinson notching a hat trick for BV. Tynewydd walloped Vale Athletic 4-0 in the other semi final to set up a Jenner Park final against BV, Gareth Griffiths starring with a brace.
- Only a handful of league games with the weather claiming a few games. In the Premier Division, Cogan Coronation picked up their first point since early September as they drew 2-2 with Vale United, it was only a late equaliser from Zac Edwards for United that denied Cogan all three points.
- In the Championship, Holton Road Reserves moved second with a thrilling 4-3 win over Cardiff Airport Vets, Taylor Burford coming off the bench to hit the winner. The win does put Holton Road Reserves second albeit they have played three more games than third place.
- And finally, Barry Athletic Reserves continued their indifferent form as they romped to a 5-0 victory over rock bottom St Athan Thirds, Athletic Reserves remain sixth with the win.
This Saturday, it’s the Barry Cup Semi Finals with two great games, AFC Rhoose vs Cardiff Airport and Holton Road vs Island Marine.