Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 12/11

Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 12/11 
  • There was two Barry cup quarter-finals played this past weekend with two sides cementing their place in the final four.


  • Ten man Island Marine saw off Championship leaders BV winning 3-1 in an eventful cup tie at Maslin Park. BV went ahead through Kye Ingham, and then minutes later Marine keeper Bradley Walters was sent off. However, Marine hit back to level through Adam Owens with 16 minutes to go, and then sent the home crowd into raptures as he struck in the 89th minute, before sealing the win and hat trick with a penalty in the second minute of stoppage time.
  • Cardiff Airport also made the final four with a comfortable 6-2 win away against Vale Athletic, Lee Stradling bagging a hat trick to ensure Airport advance.
  • In the Premier Division, Sully Sports stunned reigning champions Penarth Town coming from a goal down to pick up a big derby win, Andrew Godwin with the double to hand Sully the three points.


  • Vale United were in seventh heaven as they thumped Cogan Coronation 7-3, a hat trick for Cai James and a star man performance from Richard Evans as he continues to roll back the years. The victory moves United up to eighth.


  • St Athan produced a magnificent fight back to come back from two down at half time to come out 4-2 winners against Cwm Talwg. Seth Talbot, Ben Boyd with two and Ryan John with the goals in a dramatic afternoon at the Buttrills field.
  • In the Championship, Rhoose Social moved into second place with a 6-0 win over St Athan Thirds, Ryan John, Lloyd Meyrick, Chris Morgan, Ryan Morgan and Cam Barrett all notching in a comprehensive victory.
  • Cardiff Airport Vets drop a place to third as they conceded very late on to be held 2-2 by St Athan Reserves. Ashley Ashill put Airport Vets in front before Ieaun Morgan equalised for St Athan, but Jordan Underdown put Airport Vets back into the lead. However, Andy Home notched for St Athan in the 92 minute to grab a point.
  • Tynewydd moved up into fifth place despite being held 1-1 by Barry Athletic Reserves. Tynewydd missed an early penalty but soon went ahead through Nicky Jones, however, Athletic rallied and levelled through youngster Alfie Tipples to ensure a share of the spoils.
  • A first half blitz from Vale Madrid saw them victorious 5-0 over Peterston Super Ely to get themselves back to winning ways, Sam Robinson standing out with a brace.
  • And finally, Holton Road went out of the Loosemores SWFA Cup losing 3-2 despite a great performance against Aber Valley of the Alliance League Premier Division, three divisions above Holton Road.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *