Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 13/1
- The first weekend of Vale league action in 2024 blew the title race wide open, as Premier Division leaders St Athan suffered their first league defeat of the season as they lost 3-2 at home. Three quick fire first half goals from Adam Bowsher, Adam Owens and Sam Dyer put Marine in firm control, St Athan fought back through goals from Sean Nash but couldn’t find the all important third goal to level.
- Barry Athletic leapfrogged Cardiff Airport into second place as Athletic thumped them 5-1, doubles from Ollie Tipples and Teejay Caton and one from Tyler Bolton gave Athletic the emphatic win. Athletic now sit second, one point off top but have played a game more.
- Penarth Town climbed up to sixth place with a 4-1 victory over Vale Athletic, Sam White, Cam Jenkins and David Shallis with the goals.
- In the first round of the Supporters Cup, Finley Floyd’s strike was enough for Vale United to go through 1-0 against AFC Rhoose.
- In the Dockers Cup, Championship league leaders Tynewydd finished all square with Cogan Coronation 1-1, with Tynewydd going through 5-4 on penalties while Porthkerry Panthers set up quarter final tie with Tynewydd by defeating AFC Rhoose Development 2-0 with Ben Jones scoring twice.
- Dean McCarthy scored twice as Cadoxton Imps defeated Vale Madrid 3-1 to book their quarter final spot, while Barry Athletic edged out Rhoose Social 1-0 thanks to Curtis Jones.
- A hat trick from Sam Ross helped Cardiff Airport Vets ease into the next round with a 6-2 win over St Athan Reserves while Mitchell Thomas notched a brace for Cwm Talwg as they edged out Peterston Super Ely 3-2.
- One game in the Championship saw Island Marine smash bottom side St Athan Thirds 7-0 to move up two places to tenth, Josh Kirke hitting a hat trick.