Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 18/9

Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 18/9 

We have new Premier Division leaders, as Penarth Town go top on goal difference following an excellent 4-2 away victory over Holton Road. A brace from Rhys Knight, a penalty from Michael Winton and one from Adam Nilsen handed Holton Road their first defeat of the season.

Cadoxton Barry returned to winning ways with a 6-0 hammering of BV at the Butts, two each for Ricky Sansome and Jamie Randall, with Kristian Powell and Casey Thompson adding one apiece. The win moves Cadoxton Barry up to third place.

Island Marine and Tynewydd played out a 1-1 draw at Maslin Park. Island Marine went ahead through a first half Curtis Rogers opener but Tynewydd grabbed a point two minutes from time as Lloyd Union hit the equaliser.

Cogan Coronation picked up all three points with a narrow 3-2 triumph over Cowbridge Town at the Rec, goals from Liam Hatch, skipper Ed Halls and Morgan Hayman off the bench send Cogan up to ninth in the table.

In Division One, it was another classic at the top of the table as Rhoose Social and Sully Sports followed up last weeks 3-3 draw with a seven goal thriller this week. Bradley Rowland getting the decisive Rhoose Social goal to complete his hattrick and give the home side a 4-3 win. The victory sends Rhoose Social three points clear at the top.

Vale Athletic made it four wins from four with an impressive 3-0 victory over Cwm Talwg at Pencoedtre, goals from Ben Bellingham, Nathan Stevens and sub Harry McNeill continued Athletic’s impressive start to their maiden season in the Vale league.

Vale United thumped BV seconds 5-1 in Corntown to move up to third in the division. Doubles from Jac Wisenden and Lewis Davies added to Jason Tominey’s strike for the emphatic win.

Vale Madrid came from three goals down to draw 3-3 with St Athan B at home at Burnham Avenue. St Athan B raced into a 3-0 lead with goals from Callum Graham (2) and Denver Salisbury but Vale Madrid came back with three goals in four second half minutes from Joe Tanner, Sam Robinson and a Tom Webb spot kick to earn a share of the points.

St Athan C were edged out 2-1 by Island Marine B and are still looking for their first points of the season. St Athan C went ahead through Finn Wilkinson only for Island Marine B to fire back to pick up their first win of the campaign.

And finally, in SWFA Cup action Barry Athletic went out of the competition losing 4-2 to Llanharry, the other Vale sides received byes into round two and that will be played in three weeks time.


Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *