Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 19/11
The World Cup is here but the Vale of Glamorgan Football League kept on rolling this past weekend with some great local action.
- Premier Division leaders Holton Road made it into the last four of the esteemed Barry Cup with a 4-1 win over Tynewydd at the Buttrills. Jack Cutajar and Paul Morgan gave Holton a half time lead but Paul Cauldfield pulled one back for Tynny to put them right back in the game. However, two late goals from Rhys James sealed Holton Road’s route to the semi finals.
- In the Premier Division, Penarth Town went third after fighting back from 0-2 down to Barry Athletic to win 3-2 thanks to a late winner from Paul Beedell.
- Vale United needed a last minute equaliser to grab a point at home to St Athan in a hotly contested 1-1 draw in Corntown.
- Sully Sports move into fifth place with a 3-0 win over Cwm Talwg, Elvis Kononovs, with a brace, and Josh Stephens with the goals.
- In the Championship, BV made it 9 from 9 with a 5-0 victory over Vale Madrid at Station Road, the win moves BV seven points clear at the top with a game in hand.
- Second place Cardiff Airport Vets were held by Peterston Super Ely in a thrilling 3-3 draw, a last minute leveller denying Airport the win.
- Holton Road Reserves needed a last minute equaliser in their game as they snatched the draw in a 1-1 against St Athan Reserves, Jaydon Colston with the vital goal in stoppage time.
- Barry Athletic Reserves picked a 4-0 win over bottom placed St Athan Thirds with Ameer Ihbasheh hitting a hat trick.
- And finally, congratulations to AFC Rhoose who are now the last Vale league representative left in the Loosemores SWFA Cup after a 5-0 win over Bedlinog of the Merthyr league.