Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 19/8
- A pulsating Ceri Road derby saw Cardiff Airport leave with the win over AFC Rhoose after the most dramatic of finishes. Iestyn Raven and Sam Gammon had given Airport a 0-2 lead at half time, Andrew Townsend pulled one back for AFC Rhoose in the second half before in the 89th minute Jac Butler appeared to have rescued a point for Rhoose only for Raven to grab an incredible winner for Airport in the 95th minute.
- FC Barry had a baptism of fire on their return to the Premier Division as they were beaten 4-2 by St Athan. St Athan raced into a 3-0 lead within the first 15 minutes with goals from Reece Lewis, Ben Boyd and Anton Williamson, before Sean Lucas made it 4-0 just before half time. FC Barry fought back in the second half through goals from Elliot Jackson and Dan James but it was in vein as St Athan took the points.
- Barry Athletic got their campaign off to a winning start with a 6-3 victory away at Penarth Town, Alfie Tipples hit four with Oli Tipples grabbing a double. Callum Eva and Cameron Jenkins (2) notching for Penarth.
- In the Championship, Cadoxton Imps hit 8 past St Athan Reserves in an 8-2 win, Ashley Cottle and Dean McCarthy both hit braces, with Kieran Ashton, Chris Rees, Feran Kanda and Jaydon Colston adding the rest.
- Cogan Coronation eased past Barry Athletic Reserves winning 5-2, Jon Matthews scoring twice, with Kellan Allison, Joe Pinch, and Dan Humphries with one each.
- Vale Madrid also made it two from two after 2-4 win over Rhoose Social.. Sam Robinson put VM ahead early before Chris Morgan levelled for Social. Robinson put VM back in front, however, Brennan Page equalised for Social. But Vale Madrid pulled away as Josh Cummings and Gareth Messer notched.
- Peterston Super Ely bounced back from an opening day defeat as they thrashed St Athan Thirds 8-0, Henry Adams and Lewis Evans scored twice with further goals from Dylan Davies, Jon Wooten, James Revers and Charlie Martin.
- Josh Kirke scored twice on his Island Marine Reserves debut as they saw off AFC Rhoose Develpment 3-0 with Ethan Chamberlain Rogers adding the third.
- Cwm Talwg responded to an opening day loss with a 4-0 win over Porthkerry Panthers, Jordan Yeoman scored twice as Jacob Jones and Kyle Taylor also scoring.