Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 8/10

Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 8/10 

This weekends games are dedicated to the memory of Jermaine Martyn who very sadly passed away this week, all games held a minutes silence in his honour.

It was Barry Cup weekend in the Vale league and it saw two absolute classics and and some cup upsets.

  • Barry Cup holders Penarth Town are out at the first hurdle in dramatic fashion losing 4-3 to Premier Division leaders Holton Road.  Dan Morgan fired Holton in front before Paul Beedell levelled for Penarth but Tyrell Williams restored Hilton’s lead right on half time. Williams then got his second on 63rd minute to extend Holton’s lead but a minute later Will Thomas reduced the deficit and then Beedell levelled the game at 3-3, but the drama wasn’t over and with 7 minutes to go Travell Konten scored the winner to send Holton Road into the quarter finals.
  • More drama over in Sully as Championship Tynewydd came from 3-1 down to defeat Premier Division Sully Sports 4-3. Nicky Jones put Tynewydd ahead but Matt Bennett and Kieron Ashton from the spot but Sully in front at half time. Cole Saunders then extended Sully’s lead, but with twenty minutes to go the game turned on its head as George Pycroft pulled one back and then Gareth Griffiths levelled the tie and it seemed to be heading to extra time but with one minute remaining Nathan Donnelly scored the winner for Tynewydd to complete the comeback and send them through.
  • Championship leaders BV dumped Premier Division Cogan Coronation out in emphatic style thumping them 4-0. Taylor Miller opened the scoring, then Matt James and Louis Angove added two more to put BV 3-0 up at half time, even though the latter was sent off for a second yellow a minute after his goal. This didn’t deter BV and James made it four as BV cruised through.
  • Championship Vale Athletic sent Premier Division strugglers St Athan crashing out of the cup with a 4-1 win. St Athan started well going ahead through Dewi Cain’s goal but Athletic levelled through Harry McNeill. Athletic were then awarded a penalty and St Athan keeper Paul Lucas was sent off. Gavin Lewis dispatched the spot kick to put Athletic in front, Matt Chapman then scored twice in the final 15 minutes to ensure victory and Athletic through to the quarter finals.
  • AFC Rhoose edged through to the quarters with a narrow 1-0 win over Vale United at Ceri Road, Stefan Ross scoring the decisive goal on 53 minutes to give Rhoose the win.
  • There were a handful of league games on Saturday too, in the Premier Division Island Marine got back to winning ways with a 2-0 victory over Cwm Talwg, goals from Cameron McAllister and Jake Gwyn handing Marine the three points.
  • Barry Athletic Reserves bounced back from last weeks defeat in style with a 6-2 win over Island Marine Reserves. A brace each for Alfie Tipples and Calvin Fahiya and one each for Will Drew and Levi Dando give Athletic Reserves the win in this Island Derby.
  • Holton Road Reserves halted a run of four consecutive defeats with a 3-1 triumph over Peterston Super Ely. Mitchell Thomas, Cam Leach and Jack Martyn with the goals they sees Holton Road Reserves climb into 6th position.
  • Next week it’s SWFA Cup weekend and a couple of Vale league games, check back here for a full round up.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *