Dockers Cup Final Preview
- Sunday 16th April marks the first cup final of the VoGAFL season as The Dockers Cup Final is contested between BV and Tynewydd. (2pm kick off).
- The Dockers Cup was first won 102 years ago in 1921, with Atlantic Juniors defeating Llandough Baptists 2-0. The first final at Jenner Park was four years later as Park Villa saw off Western Hill Congregationals 2-1.
- The Dockers Cup has laid dormant since 2019 when Penarth Town Reserves lifted the trophy with a 4-2 victory over Vale Madrid.
- BV currently sit top of the Championship on the brink of winning the division, while Tynewydd sit in fourth, 6 points off second spot with four games in hand.
- BV have seen off Cardiff Airport Vets, Peterston Super Ely and Vale Madrid to make the final scoring 22 goals and conceding just 3 along the way, with Tyler Jenkinson top scoring with 7.
- Tynewydd’s route to Jenner saw them defeat Rhoose Social, St Athan Thirds and Vale Athletic notching 19 goals and conceding just 2, Nathan Donnelly top scoring with 7 as well.
- In this seasons head to head BV came out 4-0 winners on the opening day of the season and then 2-1 victors at the end of March.
- This final should be a cracker with both sides capable of beating the other, look for a close game that could go either way.