Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 27/8

Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 27/8
More action this past weekend in the vale league and it was fast and furious.

Holton Road put the first dent in Penarth Town’s title defence with an impressive 4-3 victory over the champions. Dan Morgan put Holton in front before Tobi Winton levelled but Tyrell Williams put Holton into a half time lead. After the break, Paul Morgan restored the two goal cushion, however, Paul Beedell soon reduced the deficit, but it wasn’t long before Rhys James notched Holton’s fourth. Tom Bellingham pulled one back for Town 8 minutes from time to set up a nervy finish although Holton Road did make it two wins from two.
AFC Rhoose saw off Cwm Talwg 3-2 at the Butts, Rhoose weny into a 3-0 lead with goals from Iestyn Raven, Tyler Bolton and Cieran Webb but Talwg fought back with a goal from Cole Roberts and then a penalty from Sam Montgomery in the final moments of the game.
A thrilling conclusion at Ceri Road as Cardiff Airport scored a last minute equaliser to salvage a point against Sully. Kieron Ashton converted from the spot in the 79th minute to put Sully in front and three points were almost in grasp but Lee Stradling stuck to deny them and grab a point for Airport.
A classic in Corntown as Island Marinr edged out Vale United 4-3. Oliver Davies put United in front then Jack Blackmore and Adam Owens struck back to send Marine into the lead, Jason James then levelled but a minute later Blackmore restored Marine’s lead and this was all in the opening twenty minutes. Sam Dyer then made it four right on half time before Cai James pulled one back at the death but Marine saw the result through for the win.
Barry Athletic came away with all three points with a 1-0 win over St Athan. St Athan were reduced to nine men with the sendings off of Sean Lucas and keeper Paul Lucas, the latter resulting in a penalty, which was saved by the stand in keeper Cole Baker. But Zac Watts came off the bench to score what turned out to be the winner for Athletic in a tight contest.
In the Championship, BV continued their fine start to the season as they thumped St Athan Reserves 5-1. Tyler Jenkinson hit a hat-trick while Elliot Jackson came off the bench to bag a double with Rob Kemp grabbing the consolation for the away side.
Holton Road Reserves came from behind to defeat Rhoose Social 2-1, Chris Morgan put Social in front but goals from Jack Martyn and Mitchell Thomas saw Holton Road Reserves take the points.
Cardiff Airport Thirds continued their good start with a 3-1 win over Vale Madrid despite going a goal down. David Evans put VM in front but Lewis Gunn fired Airport level at half time. Josh Mazey then came on at the break and struck twice to give Airport the win.
Peterston Super Ely’s start to life on senior football continues to impress as they were victorious 5-1 over St Athan Thirds. Henry Adams and Ceri Walters put Peterson into half time lead before Danny George-McGowan pulled one back for the visitors. However, Walters notched a second and further goals from Jac Boulton and captain Charlie Martin secured a straight forward win for Peterston.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *