Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 29/10
- On this Halloween weekend Holton Road’s title challenge is getting frighteningly good as they made it 8 out of 8 with a 6-2 win away at Sully Sports. Rhys James, Ben Pearce and a Jack Cutajar hat trick put Holton cruising at the break with Sam Adamson adding one more after the break.
- Island Marine sit three points behind Holton Road at the top as they came from behind to edge out St Athan 2-1 at Maslin Park. Sean Lucas gave St Athan the lead in the first 30 seconds but Josh Davies equalised and Bradley Walters converted from the spot to give Marine all three points.
- Barry Athletic produced a fine display to pick up a big three points away against AFC Rhoose, Kyle Booker put Athletic ahead before Elliott Ball levelled, however, Booker struck again to give Athletic the win.
- A cracker of a game at Bryn Y Don, Penarth Town came out 7-3 winners over Cwm Talwg but had to work for it. Paul Beedell put Penarth ahead but Josh Kirke soon levelled, before Beedell restored the lead, Tom Bellingham extended Penarth’s advantage but Kirke reduced the deficit and then Nick Jackson made it 3-3. Penarth rallied and went ahead again through Rhys Fford before pulling away through Macauley Winton double and Tobi Winton to get Penarth back to winning ways.
- Cardiff Airport made it two league wins on the bounce against bottom side Cogan Coronation. Cameron Jones, Morgan Stavert Hawkins, Max Jones and with the goals that move Airport up to sixth place.
- In the Championship, leaders BV came from a goal down to edge Barry Athletic 3-2 at the Athletic Ground, the win makes it 8 out of 8 for BV.
- Mitchell Thomas’ brace gave Holton Road Reserves a 2-0 win over St Athan C to move them into third place, joint level with second place Cardiff Airport Vets.
- Rhoose Social played a 1-1 draw with Vale Madrid, James O’Neill giving Social the lead and then Jac Kirby equalising for Vale Madrid to ensure a share of the spoils.
- St Athan Reserves made it four wins from their last five with a 6-2 triumph away at Peterston Super Ely. Conan Flanagan, Ben Horner, Lewis Morgan, Aaron Rogers and a brace from Ieaun Lewis see St Athan move into fifth.
- Vale Athletic got back to winning ways in emphatic fashion with a 7-1 victory over Island Marine Reserves. Ryan Warden and Gareth Lewis both got doubles while Marcus Knevett, Dan Chaulk and Andy Somers handed Athletic the points.