Vale of Glamorgan Football League Round Up 4/3
- The title race took a turn very much in favour of leaders Holton Road this week as second place Island Marine dropped points. Holton Road picked up a 4-1 away win over Cardiff Airport at Ceri Road to make it 14 straight league wins as Island Marine slipped up at the same venue going down 3-1 to third place AFC Rhoose. Jack Cutajar notching a brace for Holton Road to become joint top league goal scorer, while it was it was late goals from Ciaran Webb and Dave Bevan at Rhoose that handed Island Marine their first loss in the league in seven, all the way back in October. Holton Road now sit 9 points clear at the top albeit having played a game more that Island Marine.
- Elsewhere in the Premier Division, fifth place Sully Sports were held 2-2 by Vale United after a 75th minute equaliser by Mitchell Stimson Jagger.
- Barry Athletic closed the gap on Sully to three points as they edged bottom side Cogan Coronation 1-0 at the Athletic Ground, Alfie Tipples getting what turned out to be the decisive goal.
- St Athan picked up their second win in three games as they pipped Cwm Talwg 2-1, James Harries and joint league top scorer Ben Boyd grabbing the all important goals.
- In the Championship, BV moved a step closer to claiming the title as they thumped Barry Athletic Reserves 5-0 as second place Vale Athletic went down 2-3 to Cardiff Airport Vets. The results see BV 12 points clear at the top and odds on for promotion and the title.
- And finally, the bottom two sides Island Marine Reserves and St Athan Thirds played out a 0-0 no score draw at Maslin Park.
- This Saturday it’s the divisional cup semi finals, all four games will be played at the Buttrills Field for a festival of football, 2pm kicks offs, come and see who will make it to Jenner Park for the finals.